Bamboo Rod Building Classes
Tom Morgan Rodsmiths will be offering two week-long bamboo build classes here at the TMR shop. We will have 4-6 participants in each and details are outlined below.
Spring 2018 Class Dates: Sunday 6/24 until Friday 6/29.
Fall 2018 Class Dates: Sunday 9/9 until Friday 9/14.
Bamboo Rod Building Class Includes:
- One week build of the bamboo rod of your choice. We will open up Tom's taper book to class participants but can also accommodate other tapers if you bring one along
- Instruction in the use of the Morgan Handmill from set-up through roughing and finishing
- Select and shape your handle, wrapping instruction with Gerri Carlson, select from our burl wood reel seats, uplock/downlock/slideband hardware, agate stripping guide, Snake Brand bamboo guides and a variety of thread colors
- Instruction on coating wraps
- All rods come with tube and bag
- Five nights lodging in beautiful five bedroom house with plenty of room to spread out and relax after a long day
- Lunch included each day as well as first night BBQ at the house
- Optional: If you would like to extend your stay and do some fishing, we can work with Montana Angler to put together guides for you (additional cost for extending the trip)
Total $2,475 including lodging. If you live locally, email for pricing without the lodging.
Payment: We will take 1/2 the amount ($1237.50) to reserve your spot in the class and the remaining balance will be due one month before the class. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to hold your spot.